Adjusted Rules and Guidelines (last updated: 13.05.20)
The Government has decided that we are allowed to start up our tennis lessons for individuals. To do this in a safe and responsible manner we all need to abide by a set of very important rules. This is crucial in order to create a safe situation for coaches and players.
We have created a plan of action based on the measures and guidelines set out by the Government. The health and safety of our players and coaches remains our number one priority. It is imperative that you read the information below carefully if you/your child are visiting the tennis club.
We expect everyone who plans to visit the club to be fully aware of the information on this web page. It is also an expectation that everyone will abide by the rules and regulations unconditionally.
The Boom Tennis Team
All coaches and staff of Boom Tennis will be extensively instructed on how to act in this new situation. They will all abide by the same rules and regulations that are in place for everyone. They will take the lead in order to make sure everything is in compliance with the rules. We therefore expect everyone to follow their instructions unconditionally. We will try our absolute best to communicate as clearly and completely as possible to create a situation where everyone knows what to expect and what is expected of them.
General Basic Rules
By now everyone will probably be very familiar with the rules and measures listed below as they apply to our everyday lives already.
- Keep a minimum of 2 metres distance from others at all times
- Don't shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds (the club has outside taps for hand washing)
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow and use paper tissues which can be thrown away
- Stay at home if you have one or more of the following symptoms: a runny nose, light cough, sneezing, sore throat or a fever (38 degrees or higher)
- Stay at home if anyone in your household has any of the above symptoms
Specific Rules for Tennis Players and Parents
Below are specific rules for players and parents attending the club.
- Travel to the club by yourself as much as possible. If not possible, then bring only one person from the same household with you
- Come on foot or by bike as much as possible. Avoid public transport where possible.
- Do not arrive for your lesson more than 10 minutes before the start
- Leave the club as soon as your lesson has finished
- Parents are welcome to drop their child in the car park of the club or the patio in front of the clubhouse but should then leave immediately (or wait in the car) and return to collect your child at the end of their lesson. Always keep 2m distance from others
- Where possible please use the toilet at home before arriving for your lesson
- Bring your own towel, rackets and water bottle filled with water
- Come to your lesson dressed in your practice gear
- Wash your hands before and after your lesson
- Always listen to the coaches and other Boom Tennis staff at all times
- Do not sit on a bench with another player and do not give high fives or handshakes
The Situation at the Club
The circumstances under which tennis lessons will take place in this new situation will be distinctly different from what you will be used to. You can of course expect our usual high quality of coaching. Below you will find some points that will be different compared to the 'normal' situation: